Sunday, September 5, 2010

Assignment #1 - Skysphere

Hey guys,

For this assignment, we were supposed to create a skysphere in Maya. A skysphere is a 3D sphere with a sky or environment texture mapped over it. As I was google-ing panoramic images I stumbled across an interesting one of the Cloud Gate sculpture from the AT&T Plaza in Chicago. Here's the LINK to the wikipedia page and the panorama I found:



I like the overall color tone of the panorama and I thought the reflection on the sculpture was pretty cool. I mapped the texture on a simple 3D sphere in Maya. This allowed me to pan around the inside of the object and simulate a 3D environment. Pretty COOL! Here are some rendered stills from the project:








Unfortunately, with all the people in the photo, you can't do too much animation with it. But I thought it was cool nonetheless. Definitely helped me get more familiar with the user interface of Maya!

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. nice work. I like your re-introduction as well...good idea culling your best posts for review.

    ReplyDelete