Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Assignment #5: A Crowded Mirror

Ciao, ragazzi!

Here's my mask and shape assignment. I'm sorry it took so long, but I was having a major creative block. For the life of me, I could NOT come up with an interesting way to use the mask tool. Then I did, but didn't film it right so I had to scrap it, and now I have this.

Ever had to share a bathroom with a sibling or two? Yeah, you know what the crowded mirror is...

I actually used a green screen to film myself (the one in the red), used the keylight matte effect to key out the green, and then placed it on top of the one I filmed of the blue me. The color tone didn't match up at all for some reason, though. The one in red was VERY warm and the one in the blue was kinda cool. So, I used an adjustment layer (only over the blue "me") to color correct and make them look like they are somewhat in the same place.

Enjoy.

A Crowded Mirror from Alex McCrea on Vimeo.

1 comment: