Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Assignment # 9 - Basketball Highlights

Ciao ragazzi!

For my motion tracking assignment, I also wanted to create some examples for the sports (in this case, basketball) highlight and recruitment reels I'm working on with my dad and his M5 Digital Studios. He asked me if I could come up with some examples on bringing the focus of the recruiter's attention to the highlighted player so they don't get lost or confused while looking at the shots.

I created three different examples, however they're all using the same highlight clip. To make them, I just motion tracked the main player. The automatic tracker got a alittle confused when the other players started jumping in the way, but I simply re-adjusted the track and kept going.

Which one do you guys like best? Personally, I think the arrow one looks kinda silly, but I think the other two are fairly effective.

Arrow Example from Alex McCrea on Vimeo.



Text Float Example from Alex McCrea on Vimeo.



Mask Shadow Example from Alex McCrea on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment