Thursday, November 18, 2010

Assignment #3 - Planar Shapes, Revolve, Extrude and Loft

Ciao Ragazzi!

Come state?

This assignment had multiple parts. So bear with me. :)

1) First, we had to create a 2D planar shape from a logo of our choice. I chose the logo from my dad's non-profit organization, the Titan's Academic and Athletic Program. Here's a link to the site. I used curves to make the shape plane and here's what I have:




The first is the actual logo. The second is my planar copy from Maya.

2) Next, we revolved a curve. I chose to create a lamp from this reference. I wanted an object with a lot of divots and details so the model looked slightly impressive even though it was extremely easy to create. Here's what I got:




3) We then had to extrude a 2D shape along a path. My extrusion created a slide. I cheated a little and didn't closed my shape, but the process was the same and I like the way it turned out. I added the little stepladder on the side and made a playground slide. I might start adding more to this, texture/light it and make a whole playground playscape. What do you think?





4) Lastly, we had to create some sort of loft shape. I was having a little bit of a hard time thinking up an object I wanted to create with a loft, so I decided to go abstract. The base shape is a flower I drew with the pencil tool in Maya, and here's what I got:




No comments:

Post a Comment