Monday, February 15, 2010

Animated Short: Crossing Guard

Ciao, ragazzi!

Happy Monday! I wanted to share another past creation. My final project for my first animation class. The assignment was to create an animated short in either Flash, After Effects or a combination of the two. I chose to do the entire thing using Flash CS3 because After Effects scared me at the time. (Not so much anymore. Don't worry, Ben!) :)

The story is fairly simple, primarily because there wasn't much planning behind it. I kinda just started with the idea of an over-eager student crossing guard and went with it. Things I learned: make a storyboard first, don't wait till the last minute, and USE A TABLET! Throughout my first animation class, I hadn't bought a tablet yet and this was almost all done with a mouse (I later went back and re-animated his facial expressions with a tablet). Like Ben always says, "drawing with a mouse is like drawing with a rock!"

Anyway, enough explanation. Enjoy my first finished project!

Crossing Guard from Alex McCrea on Vimeo.

1 comment: