Sunday, February 14, 2010

My First Animation: Paintbrush Loop

Ciao, ragazzi!

This will be just a short post. I just wanted to share my very first animation piece. It's the first project for my animation class with Geoff Marslett at the University of Texas at Austin and the assignment was to create a self-contained loop. Basically the animation needed to have an action that caused itself to be repeated over and over again.

For my first go-around on flash, I thought it went incredibly well. I fell in love with how easy it was to animate simple designs. It was something I had tried before with a pencil and a flip book, but Flash helped me take it to the next level. There's just about everything in there: motion tweens, shape tweens, and, of course, frame-by-frame. Enjoy.

Paintbrush Loop from Alex McCrea on Vimeo.

1 comment: