Friday, December 3, 2010

Assignment #5 - Texture Materials and Surfacing

Ciao ragazzi!

Per questo esercizio, we had to create materials and texture a model of our choice. A few assignments back, I created a pretty decent lamp using a curves shape and the revolve function, so I decided to go all out and make it really look like a lamp!

Here are some rendered pics after the texture:







I really like how it turned out! Though, it wasn't exactly simple getting here. My original revolve was all one solid object so the first thing I had to do was separate all the pieces and hollow out the lamp shade. I also created the light bulb and socket to go in the middle. The lamp shade was easy. I just found a cloth texture online and made sure the transparency was increased slightly. The light bulb is actually just assigned a white lambert material. I just made sure to really amp up the incandescence and luminosity of the material so it looks like it's giving off a glow (we haven't started working with lights yet) and you can see it through the lamp shade. The base was actually the hardest part. Using lots of duplicates and the boolean difference function, I finally separated all the parts so that they could be textured differently. Both the textures I found online.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment